Alliance Logistics Coordinator-Lagos
Job Objective/ Purpose of Job:
Coordinate all logistical activities for both materials and personnel taking place in the Lagos area for KTA Alliance
Facilities - Materials
Lagos, with visits to fabrication yards and onshore construction sites.
Functionally Reports To:
Manager, Materials / Logistics Manager / Fabrication Manager
Administratively Reports To:
Manager, Materials / Logistics Manager
Departmental Project Engineers / Managers, Logistics (Personnel) Administrator, Materials Coordinator and corporate Supply Chain Management dept.
Equipment and Material suppliers, material supply and shipping contractors and fabrication and construction contractors
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Establish and maintain materials tracking registers covering the movement of materials and personnel to warehouses and worksites.
- Ensure company safety standards are rigidly enforced covering the movement of personnel and materials.
- Expedite the clearance and delivery of materials from point of landing to point of use.
- Control the company transit base used to hold and move materials between the mainland and Snake Island.
- Ensure preservation of materials at transit store.
- Carry out ad-hoc inspections and audits of suppliers and contactors providing transport vessels or vehicles to the company.
- Communicate with site and office personnel on a daily basis to set priorities and coordinate the delivery of materials and personnel.
Key Performance Indicators/ Performance Goals:
Zero delays to the Project Schedule due to logistics issues – Tracking register
Safe transit of all personnel to and from Snake Island – Incident reports
Accurate up to date records kept in registers – Tracking and movement registers
Degree in a Technical Discipline
Minimum of 5 years in a similar position with knowledge of the Lagos area.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS:
Excellent communicator and people control skills.
Proficient in MSWord/ExcelKnowledge of marine and transport laws
Good communicator, Organised, interactive, forward thinking, methodical and pro active.
WORK CYCLE (HOURS/ DAYS):
Monday - Saturday 0730 – 1630, with additional hours where required
Rotation Contract position